It’s time to answer the burning questions in everybody’s mind! Yup, this is the Emo or Springsteen answer key. Match these to your guesses and see how well you did then tell us in the comments!
1. Sometimes it’s like someone took a knife baby edgy and dull and cut a six-inch valley through the middle of my soul. – Springsteen “I’m on Fire” (listen)
2. The night has fallen, I’m lyin’ awake I can feel myself fading away. -Springsteen “Streets of Philadelphia” (listen)
3. You wake up in the night with a fear so real. Spend your life waiting for a moment that just don’t come. -Springsteen “Badlands” (listen)
4. Well my soul checked out missing as I sat listening to the hours and minutes tickin’ away. -Springsteen “Better Days” (listen)
5. You sit around getting older. There’s a joke here somewhere and it’s on me. -Springsteen “Dancing in the Dark” (listen)
6. Someday girl, I don’t know when, we’re gonna get to that place where we really want to go and we’ll walk in the sun. -Springsteen “Born to Run” (listen)
7. I’m ten years burning down the road nowhere to run ain’t got nowhere to go. -Springsteen “Born in the USA” (listen)
8. Maybe he won’t find out what I know, you were the last good thing about this part of town. -Emo “Fall Out Boy: Grand Theft Autumn/Where is Your Boy” (listen)
9. And it’s been autumn since the day that I met you. If I hit bottom, must I crawl out alone? -Emo “Something Corporate: 21 and Invincible” (listen)
10. We fell in love I knew it had to end. We took what we had and we ripped it apart. -Springsteen “Hungry Heart” (listen)
11. Time slips away and leaves you with nothing mister but boring stories of glory days. -Springsteen “Glory Days” (listen)
12. The best of us can find happiness in misery. -Emo “Fall Out Boy: I Don’t Care” (listen *some language and a weird random Sarah Palin cameo)
13. So you’ve been broken and you’ve been hurt show me somebody who ain’t. -Springsteen “Human Touch” (listen)
14. A rivalry goes so deep between me and this loss of sleep over you. -Emo “Fall Out Boy: Dead on Arrival” (listen)
15. Don’t waste your time on me you’re already the voice inside my head. -Emo “Blink 182: I Miss You” (listen)
16. I’m just a notch in your bedpost but you’re just a line in a song. -Emo “Fall Out Boy: Sugar, We’re Going Down” (listen)
17. Your hands they shake with goodbyes & I’ll take you back if you’d have me. So here I am I’m trying. -Emo “Blink 182: Always” (listen)
18. Is a dream a lie if it don’t come true or is it something worse? -Springsteen “The River” (listen)
19. Promise me baby you won’t let them find us. Hold me in your arms, let’s let our love blind us. -Springsteen “Cover Me” (listen)
20. It’s rainin’ but there ain’t a cloud in the sky. Musta been a tear from your eye. -Springsteen “Waitin’ on a Sunny Day” (listen)
21. I know you feel empty all the time. You’ll never listen to anything that I say. -Emo “Blink 182: Emo” (listen)
22. At night I wake up with the sheets soaking wet and a freight train running through the middle of my head. -Springsteen “I’m on Fire” (listen)
Bonus questions: Springsteen’s “I’m on Fire” is quoted twice (1, 22). Number 21 is a song by Blink 182 which is actually named “Emo”. There are 14 Springsteen songs, 4 Fall Out Boy songs, 3 Blink 182 songs, and 1 Something Corporate songs. That makes 14 Springsteen songs vs 8 Emo songs.
So, how well did you do? Was it harder than you thought it would be? Is this surprising to anybody? After all The Boss was always at his best when his music was full of anxiety and dejection, no?
3 thoughts on “Emo or Springsteen Answer Key!”
14 out of 22….
Harder than you thought?