In the wake of a gun control hearing involving the father of one of the victims of the tragic Sandy Hook shooting BuzzFeed, The Telegraph, and other liberal media outlets have resorted to deceptive editing tricks in order to smear gun owners. A video promoted by all of the aforementioned sites purportedly shows the “father of Newtown victim heckled by NRA supporters”. However, when the heavily edited video of Neil Heslin is compared to the raw video, available at Twitchy, it becomes apparent that important context has been removed from the interaction. Clearly the gun owners in the crowd are reacting to Mr. Heslin’s repeated request that somebody in the room tell him why “assault weapons” shouldn't be banned. In fact, the crowd only reacts after Mr. Heslin takes their silence as a form of agreeing with his point. This is the only time that gun owners in the crowd appear to interject in the testimony. This in no way constitutes heckling. Furthermore, the fact that many media outlets were perfectly willing to forward one of the most deceptively edited videos I've ever seen in order to smear gun owners is incredible. After all these are the same media outlets that tarred and feathered James O’Keefe and Andrew Breitbart for far less. Where is their outrage now? Why did they forward such an obvious deception? Where have all the fact checkers gone? Why is this smear allowed to propagate? Will any of the liberal media outlets that passed along this video to their readers correct themselves now? Will they apologize to the gun owners they helped smear?
- “Teaching Men Not to Rape” and the UCSB Shooting | Games & Guns #13
- Why Gaming Sucks in 2014 | Games & Guns #12
- The Government Wants Your Dick Pics | Games & Guns #10
- 1st Annual CPAC Competition and the Domination Dominatrix
- Trump vs Buzzfeed vs Breitbart
- Obama’s Massive Fail & Headshot Madness
- Sporks, are they Evil? Yes.
- Floating Arms and a Gun
- Video game shotguns vs the real deal – Games & Guns
- National Park Service Barricades Mount Vernon Parking Lots