WRIC is reporting that a woman in Chesterfield Virginia used a gun to shot her husband as he was attacking her. Witnesses reportedly corroborate the woman’s claim that she used the gun in self-defense. The man is apparently in the hospital and awaiting charges while the woman is not expected to be charged.
“We determined there was a domestic altercation and the wife had acted in self-defense” said Chesterfield Police lieutenant RandyHorowitz. (h/t Guns Save Lives)
If not for the firearm she used, how would this woman have stopped her attack? Without the gun she fired in self-defense she may have had to endure a harsher beating and, maybe, even worse. The gun she used may have very well saved her life.
It seems to me that it would be very instructive to see where all those who’d take our firearms and, by extension, our right to self defense come down on this case. Do they think this battered wife should be disarmed? Was it wrong for her to shoot her husband as he beat her? Should other women who feel physically threatened by somebody close to them follow this woman’s example or not?
- The Government Wants Your Dick Pics | Games & Guns #10
- 1st Annual CPAC Competition and the Domination Dominatrix
- Trump vs Buzzfeed vs Breitbart
- Obama’s Massive Fail & Headshot Madness
- Sporks, are they Evil? Yes.
- Floating Arms and a Gun
- Video game shotguns vs the real deal – Games & Guns
- National Park Service Barricades Mount Vernon Parking Lots
- Fall Out Obama
- A Father’s Greatest Duty